Posted on 29.10.2013 by perfectsmile
Here at Crossways Perfect Smile we are now offering CHILDREN HYGIENIST VISITS FOR JUST £25.00 PER SESSION! Within this visit your child will be given full oral hygiene advice along with a thorough clean and polish. Here are some tips to help your children improve their teeth.
- Let your children choose their own toothbrushes. But make sure the toothbrushes are the proper size and have soft bristles. Children who pick their own toothbrushes will become more enthusiastic brushers. Replace your child’s toothbrush when it’s worn or the bristles are splayed. It’s also a good idea to replace a toothbrush after an illness.
- Find a flavor of children’s toothpaste that your kids like. Children are sensitive to strong flavors and usually dislike adult toothpastes. Sure, there will be some trial and error as you look for the perfect flavor. But your child’s dental health is worth it in the long run.
- Use a two-minute tooth-brushing timer. Many are available in stores. These timers help make sure your kids are brushing for the recommended two minutes. And some kids think they’re a lot of fun.
- Pack a nutritious lunch and snack for school. Fresh fruit, vegetables, and cheeses are great choices. Cheese is especially good for teeth because it neutralizes acids that can cause tooth decay. Avoid fruit juices and sodas because they are very acidic. And acids in foods can erode your child’s tooth enamel. Also avoid snacks that are sticky or chewy. These snacks cling to the teeth, allowing the bacteria in plaque to produce more acid. Plaque is a sticky colorless film made up of germs and sugar that forms on teeth every day.
- Tell your children to go to the water fountain after lunch. Most kids can’t brush their teeth after lunch. But a trip to the water fountain to rinse their mouth is helpful.
- Try a floss pick. These are designed make flossing easier for kids. They also come in many fun flavors. Try to get your kids to floss twice a day. If that is difficult, make sure they floss before going to bed.
- Set a good example. Schedule your regular dental checkups at the same time as your children’s checkups.
To book an appointment please call us on 01344 484466
This entry was posted in About Perfect Smile
by perfectsmile. Bookmark the permalink