However being a mother may be like a full-time job, it is hardly a reason to stop taking care your own wellbeing.
Most moms feel inclined to put the needs of their family before their own. Natural as this is, though, dedicating some time to yourself is not only unselfish, but also very convenient for your whole family. Taking care of your wellbeing means that you will feel physically and mentally strong to keep enjoying every day with your kids and your couple, as it will also teach your children the value and the habits of a healthy lifestyle.
As dental and overall care start at home, dentists are always able to tell when parents are health-conscious and serve as a role model to their children’s oral hygiene routines. So, here you have some very simple and useful dental tips for you and your family:
1. Flossing Begin your training in dental care for moms by making sure no food particles remain between your teeth –but be gentle, particularly when your reach your gums. Alternatively to floss, you can use pressurized water devices such as water jets and oral irrigators.
2. Brushing Brush your teeth twice a day during at least two minutes. Put your toothbrush against your teeth in a 45 degrees angle and thoroughly, yet gently, brush all sides of your teeth and gums. Brushing first thing in the morning and last thing at night is most effective, because it helps removing plaque and bacteria accumulated over night as well as promoting the creation of saliva, which helps fighting decay. Remember to change your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months, also if it’s an electric one. However a little less affordable, Invisalign braces are a much better choice than traditional orthodontic braces for children and adults when it comes to brushing your teeth, ensuring no food particles or bacteria accumulate in the device.
3. Mouth-washing Use alcohol-free, fluoridated mouthwash to reach areas of your mouth neither the floss nor the toothbrush reached, thus ensuring a much better oral hygiene. This will also make your breath fresher; something your couple will surely appreciate.
4. Whitening Smoking, drinking red wine, tea and coffee can stain your teeth. However you can remove most stains with your daily hygiene routines, some of it will deepen over time. If you are concerned about your smile or want to recover the natural colour of your teeth, consult your dentist about teeth whitening treatment in London.
5. Chewing Exercise, a balanced diet and hygiene routines help you maintain your gums free of periodontal disease, which is not only important to keep your mouth in an optimal condition, but also essential when replacement of teeth is necessary.In case of tooth loss, ask your dentist about how to prevent further problems from arising before getting your dental implant.
Stop chasing your kids with the toothbrush in hand: make dental care a family-fun routine and enjoy bedtime stories instead.