Posted on 02.10.2013 by perfectsmile
Your baby’s first tooth will usually come through at around six months.
It can be both earlier or later than this, however! It is never too early to start looking after your baby’s teeth and it is important to protect their first teeth against decay to protect the adult teeth already developing in the jaw. Yous should visit the dental team soon after their first tooth appears and visit regularly for dental check ups from then on. If you are worried about them being scared or nervous, bring them along to see another family member have their teeth checked first!
Protect your baby’s teeth with a few simple rules:
- Brush teeth and gums as soon as the first tooth starts to appear – at least twice a day and limit foods and drinks containing sugar to mealtimes.
- No sugar or salt (in any form) should be added to weaning foods.
- Foods containing sugar should be kept to a minimum and are best given at mealtimes.
- Choose healthy and nutritious foods and drinks.
- Make sure you register your child with a dental practice and make your first visit by the age of six months (if a tooth has come through).
This entry was posted in About Perfect Smile
by perfectsmile. Bookmark the permalink