Our face and lips treatments deal with a wide range of issues. There are certain areas of the face which are commonly affected by wrinkles and these include the forehead, around the eyes and around the mouth, but each individual is different and the muscles which are causing the problems will vary from face to face, so the exact placement of the treatments will differ slightly. Amongst the problems which can be treated by our face and lips treatments are:
- Frown, worry, laugh and bunny lines
- Crows feet around the eyes
- Drooping at the corners of the mouth
- Wrinkles around the lips
- Horizontal creases on the forehead
- Nasolabial folds – the lines which are formed by the act of smiling.
- Marionette folds – the lines which extend down from the corners of the mouth.
- Any other folds or creases on the face, such as deep frown furrows, smokers’ creases, chin lines and so on.
Juvederm may also be used as a form of lip augmentation, helping to plump up your lips and make them appear fuller in a natural, non invasive manner.
How They Work?
The two face and lips treatments offered by Perfect Smile, Botulinum and Juvederm, work in different ways. Botulinum, commonly known as Botox, is injected into the muscles of the face and has the effect of blocking the signals which would normally tell the muscles to move. Without the contraction and movement in the muscles which would normally take place, the skin over the muscles becomes wrinkle free.
Juvederm is a natural, non toxic substance based on hyaluronic acid, which is produced by the body itself. When this is injected into the face with a fine needle, it increases the volume of the face in such a way that the wrinkles in the skin are ‘smoothed out’.