No matter how hard we try having naturally perfect teeth is like winning the lottery.
Most of us sadly don’t have the luck of the draw – having imperfections that knock our self-image or cause us to hide our smile.
Believing that everyone deserves to share their smile with the world, we work to transform your life with a confident and happy smile. Because we know that looking good on the outside helps us feel good on the inside.
Do you want to achieve your perfect smile? Veneers could be the answer you’ve been searching for. But what are dental veneers?
To discover if they’re right for you, here’s our complete guide to everything you need to know about veneers.
Q. What are dental veneers?
Our dentists like to use the analogy that veneers are for your teeth what false fingernails are for your hands.
Fundamentally, veneers are custom-made shells that are cemented to the front of your teeth to immediately change their appearance.
Hiding flaws on your natural teeth, veneers are an excellent way to achieve a brighter, whiter and straighter looking smile that’s built to last.
Q. What are veneers made of?
Veneers can be made from either porcelain, ceramic or composite bonding. The material will depend on your budget and personal preference – including how natural and closely matching to your natural teeth you want them to look.
Q. When are veneers used?
Veneers are long-term solutions that cover a lot of cosmetic problems.
Giving the appearance of a straight, even and white smile, veneers can be used to fix:
- Discoloured, stained or yellow teeth
- Damaged, chipped or broken teeth
- Uneven spaces or gaps
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
Q. How are they fitted?
The procedure for veneers is quick and simple – involving 3 quick steps:
- Book a consultation. Talk to your dentist about veneers and they’ll help you find the perfect solution for you.
- Preparation. When ready, your dentist will prepare your teeth ready for the veneers. This involves removing an incredibly thin amount of enamel from your teeth – roughly ½ a millimetre – to make room for your veneers. This part can be carried out on a local anaesthetic if you prefer. Afterwards, an impression of your teeth is taken – so we can custom make veneers to fit your teeth exactly. In the meantime, a temporary set will be fitted while you wait.
- Fitting. After 2-3 weeks, your veneers will be ready and it’s time to get them fitted! Making sure they have the exact fit you’re happy with, your dentist will cement them to your teeth for a long-lasting perfect smile.
Q. How do I get my veneers?
Simply book a consultation today to get well on the way to achieving your perfect smile.
What are you waiting for? Book your consultation today!