Knowing what you can and cannot eat after a whitening treatment means ensuring the procedure’s success and your absolute satisfaction.
As bleaching involves professional grade chemicals, it is essential that those are used correctly during the procedure. In-surgery and at-home treatments provided by a qualified dentist grant you a successful procedure that avoids any risks for your dental and overall health.
The procedure’s after-care is also vital for the treatment’s success. What you eat, drink and your lifestyle habits can greatly influence the outcome of your teeth whitening treatment.
The first 48 hours
Being in need of teeth whitener solutions means feeling your teeth are giving away a wrong image of yourself. Whitening your teeth with laser treatment or with at-home kits provided by a dentist can fix such a situation, but only if you ensure the durability of its results.
The first 24 to 48 hours after the treatment are crucial to achieve the optimal results. For that reason, you should avoid any food or drink able to cause discolouration or stains to your teeth:
- Drinks: either alcoholic or not, avoid coloured and sugared drinks. Tea, coffee and fizzy drinks are particularly harming to your teeth.
- Foods: no matter if healthy or not, you should also avoid foods with added or natural colours. Stick to a “white diet”, staying away from wheat, fruit, sauces, cream, butter, sweets and coloured groceries.
- Habits: stop smoking as much as possible, as it harms both your treatment’s outcome and your dental health.
The days after
Following the first 48 hours, the results of your whitening will be more stable and you will be able to go back to your normal eating. There are, however, some tips that can help its results last longer, as well as avoid dental risks, such as tooth decay.
Cavities are one of the major factors that put in risk our dental and overall health. Some dental procedures can help your decayed teeth but, if left untreated this can lead to tooth loss and to the need of more extensive and expensive treatments, such as dental implants for kids and adults.
- Minimizing your teeth sensitivity by eating foods at room temperature,
- eating natural crunchy foods that act as tooth cleaners,
- consuming dairy products rich in calcium,
- and reducing your drinking and smoking…
… will not only protect your teeth, but will also keep them white for longer.
Costs and offers
At Perfect Smile, we know how important it is to feel comfortable with the appearance of your teeth, as well as to ensure the treatment’s success with the best care from professional dentists.
Give yourself the best professional treatments at the best price; click here to book an appointment now and enjoy a pearly smile!.