Invisalign (invisible aligners/braces) is one of the most innovative methods for correcting alignment issues in teeth. As the name suggests, it is almost transparent making it barely noticeable and one of the most popular treatments for those who wish to avert the discomfort that comes from the appearance of traditional braces.
Invisalign has now been successfully used on over 10 million people. We’ll answer popular questions regarding the treatment including how Invisalign works, Invisalign cost and its benefits.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that aligns the teeth. Below is a brief description of what actually happens in the Invisalign process.
Invisalign uses sets of aligners that are developed from computer-generated images and impressions taken from the patient’s mouth and used to slowly change the position of the teeth. On one hand, where the traditional brace uses fixed wires to align the teeth, Invisalign uses a series of molds that, across a series of months, aligns the patient’s teeth into their new and improved position. Typically, and on average, the complete treatment of Invisalign patients takes just under a year.
How are invisible braces different from metal braces?
Both Invisalign and the traditional steel braces are intended for the proper alignment of the teeth to produce better oral health. Whilst traditional braces have been used by orthodontists and dentists for decades, the invisible braces have been introduced to meet the needs of modern society. Both of them share some similarities but they share even more differences.
- Visibility – The traditional metal braces are visible as they are made of metal wires and elastic bands. Invisalign is made of see-through BPA-free plastics which makes them virtually invisible.
- Convenience – The metal braces are stuck to teeth by wires and they cannot be removed whilst the invisible braces can be removed if required (a few hours per day).
- Hygiene – Frequent brushing and flossing of teeth are recommended to patients of metal braces. This keeps food particles away from the braces so that the bacteria can’t attack the tooth enamels. In contrast, the patients who choose invisible braces can brush and floss their teeth in their usual routine.
- Treatment Length – The Invisalign process is considerably shorter than the usual treatment period of metal braces as patients usually have to wear the invisible braces from 6 to 18 months while the traditional metal braces have an average time of 2 years.
- Diet – A patient with metal braces should avoid hard, crunchy, and glutinous food as they may damage the wires which will reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. Patients with invisible braces are required mainly to stay clear from soft drinks.
- Cost – At the baseline, invisalign braces cost tend to be a little more than the traditional metal braces but as the price moves up, the difference in their cost decreases.
How is Invisalign treatment done? A closer look at the Invisalign process.
- Initial Consultation – During the initial consultation phase, the dentist invites the patients to the practice for a quick face-to-face discussion. The discussion is mainly based on the points such as the working of Invisalign, and what would be the likely cost of the Invisalign for that particular patient.
- X-rays and 3D mapping – scans are usually taken during the initial consultation once the patient decides to go ahead with the treatment. There are numerous x-rays and photographs taken for the detailed mapping of the patients’ mouth mechanics. These images help to give the impressions of the teeth on which the patient’s Invisalign aligners (or tray) will be based.
- Preparatory Work – Some patients may require small composite patches applied to each tooth to help Invisalign’s clear aligners in gripping onto each tooth and move them (although each patient is different and it is not compulsory for everyone). Another part of preparatory work that differs for each patient is the amount of interproximal reduction required. This complicated-sounding procedure is simply used to create more space between teeth when the patient’s mouth is packed.
- First Fitting – The patients get the first feel of their Invisalign braces in their visit to the preparatory work by itself. It feels tight when it is put on for the first time. But it is normal, and it slowly starts fitting easily.
- Changing the Invisalign Braces – The invisible braces are changed in one week or two simply depending on the decision of the dentist. If the teeth have not moved to the desired position, the time may be extended. Each new aligner is designed to align the movement of the teeth as intended, inducing the teeth towards the intended alignment goal.
Who is Invisalign suitable for?
Invisalign is ideal for adults as well as older teens. Invisalign can be used for children but is highly unrecommended as young teenagers and children aren’t suitable patients for Invisalign – it becomes a hard task or even quite impossible to create a precise aligner as the teeth always keep growing.
How much are Invisalign braces?
The average price of invisalign is at par with the cost of traditional braces. At Perfect Smile, we offer a wide variety of flexible Invisalign finance options, assisting the patients to spread the Invisalign braces cost. Cheapest Invisalign price below is based on a maximum 5-year duration.
Invisalign braces cost (From £1800.00)
The invisible braces cost starts from £1800.00 which includes fully inclusive costs and no hidden extras. To ensure that the Invisalign price range is accessible, we allow finance options, allowing the cost to be spread across a maximum of 5 years.
We’ve partnered with Dental Finance and offer flexible monthly payment plans to spread the cost of the Invisalign treatment.
There are several types of Invisalign treatments such as Invisalign Lite, Invisalign i7 cost and Invisalign Go. The most popular being treatments to the full upper and lower arches.
Invisalign monthly payment (From £150)
At Perfect Smile, the invisalign cost per month is made to be manageable. We provide monthly payment plans that do not break the bank. We offer finances with flexible terms and payment methods that suit them, making the Invisalign retainers cost accessible to everyone.
Are Clear braces worth the money?
The answer to this question is simple and it’s YES. The clear braces are invisible, so they don’t give you a tinge of self-consciousness when you’re in a crowd. The clear braces feel more comfortable as they don’t have fixed wires. And the biggest PLUS, it requires fewer trips to the dentists in comparison to traditional braces.
If you still have any queries relating to Invisalign treatment or Invisalign price, we will be happy to provide you with all the information that you need to make an assured and informed decision.